As one of Quebec’s most dynamic communities, Saint-Georges is a hotbed of business activity and entrepreneurship. Some of the most important economic sectors in Saint-Georges include the following:
- Wood Transformation: The economy of the Beauce region was originally founded on the lumber trade, and today, the forest products industry continues to be an important employer in the Saint-Georges region. Companies like Boa-Franc, which is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of hardwood flooring, transform wood into a wide variety of products that can be used to serve the global market.
- Steel: One of Saint-Georges’ most impressive success stories is the Canam Group, which specializes in manufacturing steel used in a variety of structural applications. From its humble beginnings in 1960, today the company has grown to become a global organization that employs nearly 4,000 people and operates 22 plants around the world.
- Manufacturing: Its low costs of doing business and strategic location close to major North American markets make Saint-Georges an ideal location for manufacturing companies. The city is home to companies producing products ranging from bathroom cabinets to prefabricated buildings, industrial machinery to maple syrup.
- Textiles: For many years the textile industry was an important part of Quebec’s economy, and Saint-Georges has long been a leading centre of activity in this field. Today, companies like Victor-Innovatex produce state-of-the-art products used in a wide variety of applications.
- Services: From financial services, to professionals like accountants and lawyers, to specialists in fields like information technology, you’ll find them all in Saint-Georges. The city is home to a wide range of service providers in many different fields that make Saint-Georges great place in which to live and do business.
- Tourism: The spectacular natural beauty of the Saint-Georges region and the many year-round attractions the city has to offer make it a magnet for tourists. The city’s hotels, restaurants, golf courses, ski hills, and recreational and cultural attractions support a thriving year-round tourism industry.
Saint-Georges is a place where companies both large and small are doing well and making an impact in their respective fields. Come discover what we have to offer !